Joined: 19 Oct 2007
|Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:42 am Post subject: BPDC Master Document - Season 7 - Pauper Ravnica Unified
|Block PDC presents...
PAUPER RAVNICA UNIFIED
BPDC stands for Block Pauper Deck Challenge. It is a free Pauper Block Constructed tournament on MTGO and part of the PDC series of events.
Format: Pauper Ravnica Unified (see below)
Who: Anybody with a legal deck is welcome to compete (unless suspended or banned)!
When: Every Monday. Registration opens at 8:30pm ET and Round 1 starts 30 minutes afterwards.
Where: in /join PDC on MTGO and in the Casual > Anything Goes room
Cost: Free! (Prize donations are accepted.)
Tournament Organizer: Polyjak
60 card minimum
15 card sideboard optional
proxies of legal cards are allowed
all cards must be common (black expansion symbol) in one of the five Ravnica sets:
- Ravnica: City of Guilds
- Return to Ravnica
- All regular season events are open to anyone not on the suspended or banned list.
- Participants will meet in /join PDC where the host will direct players to /join BPDC and register (type REG).
- 30 minutes after registration opens, it will close and Round 1 pairings will be posted on this site.
- Events will consist of 3 rounds of Swiss into Top 4 single-elimination brackets. If there are 18 or more players, we will do 4 rounds of Swiss instead. If there are 24 or more players, Top 8 playoffs will occur.
- Set up your match table following these guidelines:
- In the Casual > Anything Goes room
- Match (best 2 of 3)
- Timed for 30 minutes
- Labeled "BPDC Round #" (replace # with the round number)
- It is the responsibility of both players to ensure match tables are set up properly!
- PM your opponent at the beginning of the round. If a player does not report for a match within 10 minutes, he/she forfeits the entire match. Please also PM the event host if your opponent is not responding. (This player will be dropped.)
- Intentional draws (IDs) are not allowed.
- Report illegal decks to the event host. Offending players will be issued a match loss during Round 1 only, and allowed to replace the illegal card(s) with basic lands for the remainder of the event.
- An illegal deck spotted after Round 1 will result in an event disqualification and an official warning.
- At the end of your match, please report your score (W 2-0, W 2-1, L 1-2, L 0-2) in /join BPDC. Every player must post a result, win or lose!
- If you need to drop from the tournament, you must type 'DROP' in /join BPDC. Failure to report drops will result in an official warning.
- Please note: Altering your decklist between matches is illegal and will result in disqualification and an official warning.
- All players are highly encouraged to post decklists following the event, but Top 8 participants are required to do so.
- Participants must post a decklist in Gatherling in order to earn season points
- each Swiss Match Win earns 3 points
- each Swiss Match Loss earns 1 point
- 1st place earns 10 points
- 2nd place earns 7 points
- Top 4 earns 4 points
- Top 8 (if applicable) earns 2 points
PLAYER CONDUCT GUIDELINES
- Watchers are expected not to chat in other games but in /join PDC only.
- Players are requested to contact the event host via private messaging to report a concern regarding player conduct.
- The event host is not responsible for making judgments based on game play situations. The host will not enter a match table and tell players what to do. The host is a facilitator, not a judge.
- The host reserves the right to preserve the integrity of the tournament.
MTGO CRASHES AND CANCELED EVENTS
- In the event of a server crash or other technical difficulty, the tournament will be delayed for no more than 30 minutes total.
- An announcement on the appropriate event thread will be used for tournament communication during the delay.
- Once the technical difficulties have ended, an announcement will be made on the appropriate event thread, and players will have 10 minutes to rejoin the tournament.
- If the tournament is canceled during Swiss play, no prizes will be awarded.
- If the tournament is canceled during playoffs, players in the playoff brackets may seek each other out and finish their matches at a later date. In that case, both players must report the results to the tournament organizer for it to be a valid match.
NOTE: Wizards of the Coast, Magic Online and boards administrators do not provide any support for this event. Participate at your own risk.
Mondays @ 8:30pm ET -- Pauper Ravnica Unified CUBE DRAFT FREE cube drafting with 3 rounds of play!