TPDC Season 17 - Classic every Tuesday - MTGOTraders sponsor

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amar
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:01 pm    Post subject: TPDC Season 17 - Classic every Tuesday - MTGOTraders sponsor Reply with quote

TPDC Season 17

TPDC is FREE to enter, open to all, playing Classic Pauper with the built-in filter. Newcomers are always welcome.

WHEN:
Registration officially opens at 7:30 EST, closing promptly at 8pm EST. Matches start shortly after.

To register, log in to Gatherling and look for this event under the "PREREGISTER FOR EVENTS" section of the Player CP. Registration should be open no later than 7:30 EST. Gatherling will immediately confirm for you if you are registered. Do not be late however, it closes promptly at 8. If you think you may be late, check the site early to see if registration is open. Or try to contact the host.

In game, type "/join TPDC" in any MTGO window. It will open up the TPDC chatroom where you can see announcements and chat with other players. Then also /join TPDCcom, which is where you will post the results of each match.

DECK CONSTRUCTION
TPDC uses the built-in filter with no changes. If MTGO says your deck is Pauper legal, then it's TPDC legal.

(See season schedule below for exceptions to the regular format or schedule.)

PRIZES
Top 4: The top 4 players receive gift certificates from MTGOTraders.com which may be used at your convenience. (In appreciation we encourage everyone to consider MTGOTraders whenever buying singles, and to put "TPDC" in the shopping card field for "how did you hear about us?")
  1. 7 credits
  2. 4 credits
  3. 2 credits
  4. 2 credits
(Players in the top 4 must ensure the host has their email in order to receive their MTGOTraders gift certificate.)

5th - 8th: Players finishing 5-8 will be awarded cards from the host's supply (subject to availability).

Door prize: The host may award a door prize to a random participant who plays through all swiss rounds but didn't make the top 8 cut.

Donations for 5-8 and door prize are always appreciated, as is contributing to larger prize pools for Season Championships. Please PM your host if you have something you wish to contribute.

Event Structure
  • 8-15 players: 3 rounds of Swiss with a top 4
  • 17-23 players: 3 rounds of Swiss with a top 8
  • 24-39 players: 4 rounds of Swiss with a top 8
  • 40+ players: 5 rounds of Swiss with a top 8
(In the event of fewer than 8 participants, the host reserves the right to cancel the tournament. This almost never happens.)

Additionally, TPDC matches have the following rules:

• Pairings will be posted in the event thread, as well as announced in the TPDC channel.
  • Tables are created in the Casual Play -> Anything Goes room. Either player in the pairing can make the table.
  • Tables must be made using the Pauper filter, "best 2 out of 3", Watchable, and labeled "TPDC Round #".
  • If your opponent doesn't join your table, PM them after 2 minutes and PM the host after 5. For a 4-round tournament, a game loss is given after 10 minutes and a match loss after 20. For a 5-round tournament, match loss is given after 10 minutes of no-show.
  • The deck used for round 1 must be used for the entire tournament. Modifications can result in disqualification and banning.
  • After each round, results must be reported in the TPDCcom channel like "W2-1" or "L0-2". Also because of the Swiss structure, anyone dropping from the tournament must report "drop" in TPDCcom or face warnings and suspension.
  • Chatting in the TPDC channel is welcome except when the host is making announcements. However, please don't talk or ask questions in TPDCcom. It is only for reporting drops and results.
  • All players are expected to post their decklist to Gatherling. This can be done during the tournament or afterward, but players not entering decklists may be denied invitations to the end-of-season championships.
  • Bad sportsmanship or other rules violations may result in match loss, disqualification, suspension, or banning. Offense and punishment will be decided at the host's discretion.

Season Schedule
Players wishing to view previous decklists and winners may browse Gatherling's Metagame listing.

17.01: Oct 25, 2011 - Host: Dabil
17.02: Nov 1, 2011 - Host: Amar
17.03: Nov 8, 2011 - Host:Dabil
17.04: Nov 15, 2011 - Host: Amar
Alt Format: Dakkon Vanguard: Nov 22, 2011 - Host: Dabil
17.05: Nov 29, 2011 - Host: Amar
17.06: Dec 6, 2011 - Host: Dabil
17.07: Dec 13, 2011 - Host: Amar
17.08 - Dec 20, 2011 - Host: Dabil
17.09 - Dec 27, 2011 - Host: YrdBrd
17.10 - Jan 3, 2012 - Host: Dabil
17.11 - Jan 10, 2012 - Host: Amar
[b]Alt Format: Duplicate Sealed - Jan 17, 2012 - Host: Amar/Dabil
17.12 - Jan 24, 2012 - Host: Amar
17.13 - Jan 31, 2012 - Host: Dabil
17.14 - Feb 7, 2012 - Host: Amar
17.15 - Feb 14, 2012 - LCQ for Champs - Host: Dabil
Dark Ascension Prereleases Start
Season 17 Champs (invite only) - Feb 21, 2012 - Host: Amar (Dark Ascension Legal)

Start of season 18: Feb 28, 2012

Substitutions may occur, if the scheduled host is late it should be OK for any experienced hosts to step in. If someone would like to gain experience hosting Player-Run Events, feel free to contact Amar on these forums or in-game.

Season Points and Standings

Players will be awarded the following points for event attendance and performance:

• Match Win: 3 points
  • Attending an Event: 2 points
  • Top 8 Appearance: 1 point

(Players who fail to post their decklist will receive no points for that event.)

Top finishers for the season will be invited to the season championship event. The cutoff will be determined 2 weeks before season end, targeting approximately the top 25% of participants. (In the past this has been around 32 invites). Additionally, the Last Chance Qualifier held the week before Championships will award a Champs invitation to anyone in the top 4 not already invited.

TPDC Season 17 Season Points

Last edited by Amar on Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:18 am; edited 12 times in total
Dabil
Neophyte

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:05 pm    Post subject: TPDC Season 17 Trophies Reply with quote

Last edited by Dabil on Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:27 am; edited 3 times in total
ParoXitiC
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come hang out with pK during the tournament in our ventrilo server!!

Details here:

http://pauperkrew.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=ann&action=display&thread=219

sanosukesa
Grizzly Bear

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys can you register me plz? I probably won't be there for the first and second match but I will be there for the second and go on. So if possible I'll love if I could join even if I lose the first one. Thank you
Amar
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sanosukesa wrote:
Hey guys can you register me plz? I probably won't be there for the first and second match but I will be there for the second and go on. So if possible I'll love if I could join even if I lose the first one. Thank you

Sure thing, you're registered. (I also opened up reg to everyone as of right now via Gatherling, if anyone else wants an early jump.)
Amar
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A format has been chosen for the first Alt night of the season (next week, Nov 22). It is Dakkon Vanguard, a format that uses the Dakkon Blackblade avatar to let you play without lands in your deck. If you don't have the avatar yet, MTGOTraders has it for as low as $0.08.
kristijanucz96
Initiate

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question, I have no idea where this game, the mtgo? where is the room if mtgo ...?
sanosukesa
Grizzly Bear

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to tell you my nick in game is Lindstorm I'm already registered at the gatherling now. Thank you! See you later!
Amar
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kristijanucz96 wrote:
I have a question, I have no idea where this game, the mtgo? where is the room if mtgo ...?

Make sure you read through the first post in this thread, it has most of the details you'll need.

To join the tournament's chat room you can just type "/join TPDC" in any window in MTGO. If you're close to tournament time, others will be there too. (And you can /join PDC at any time to look for other Pauper players, outside of any tournament.)
kristijanucz96
Initiate

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand most of it, just not this where I need to type in Join TPDC, the room in which to type it, and think of the chat?
p.s. i am _JuMPEr_ on mtgo, please add me to help me if it is not a problem, thanks.
Amar
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any room. Any place you can type. Play room, trade room, clan window, chat with another person. Game log. Anywhere.

You should also be in the Anything Goes room, but as long as you /join TPDC from somewhere you can get the rest of the instructions there.
MHyde98
Initiate

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do i register/join?
Amar
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Announcement: Dabil will be taking over for me in managing TPDC. As the man in charge of schedule publishing, alternate formats, host selection, and other tournament rules, he's the one to talk to now for any concerns. Congrats to Dabil and I'm sure the series will be well-cared-for in his hands.
YrdBrd420
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:36 am    Post subject: TPDC 17.09 Reply with quote

So we pulled together an impromptu event last night with none of the normal runners of events. It was said over and over that it wasnt an official TPDC event. I wake up this morning and everythings uploaded to gatherling. WtF? The only folks who knew about this happening where those that came to /join tpdc by chance or clanmates. Nothing was posted here or in the wizards forums.

1st 4 2nd 4 T4 6 T8 11
YrdBrd420
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TPDC going down tonight? Or we gonna have another thrown together thing?

1st 4 2nd 4 T4 6 T8 11
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PDCMagic.com Forum Index -> Classic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: