Joined: 23 Oct 2007
Location: Minneapolis, MN
|Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 4:59 pm Post subject: SPDC Season 13 Master Document
SPDC 13.01 (5-27-2010)
SPDC 13.02 (6-3-2010)
SPDC 13.03 (6-10-2010)
SPDC 13.04 (6-17-2010)
SPDC 13.05 (6-24-2010)
SPDC 13.06 (7-1-2010)
SPDC 13.07 (7-8-2010)
SPDC 13.08 (7-15-2010)
SPDC 13.09 (7-22-2010)
Pre-WORLDS break (7-29-2010)
SPDC 13 WORLDS (8-5-2010)
STANDARD HALL OF FAME
TORNAMENT INFORMATION AND RULES
WHEN and WHERE
Registration will open at 8:30 p.m. Eastern in /join spdc. The first round will begin approximately thirty minutes later. (What time is that where you live?)
Registration normally takes place in /join spdccom by typing 'reg'. Wait for the acknowledgement that you were added to the torunament.
COST and PRIZES
This event is absolutely FREE, no tickets needed just bring a deck that fits the rules below. Prizes, if any, are donated and will be awarded to the Top 4 finalists. (Donations are always welcome -- PM jamuraa in game).
Wizards of the Coast, Magic Online and boards administrators do not provide any support for this event. Participate at your own risk. Check the PRE FAQ for other questions and answers.
LEGAL CARDS and PROXIES
The format for the event will be Standard PDC.
Cards printed as common in the following sets are legal:
- Shards of Alara
- Alara Reborn
- Magic 2010
- Rise of the Eldrazi
Cards printed as uncommon or rare in these sets, though possibly printed as common in an unlisted set, are not legal.
A list of cards which are NOT ALLOWED but could be confusing (printed as common before and legal in the card pool but not common in the card pool) is available. Specifically, Corrupt, Consume Spirit, and Prodigal Pyromancer are not legal in standard pauper.
The use of illegal cards in the first round will result in a match loss and the opportunity to legalize the deck for the next round. The use of illegal cards after the first round will result in disqualification.
REGISTRATION and REPORTING
- Once in /join spdc, players will be directed to /join spdccom to register ('reg') and to report results and drops. Please keep both channels open for the duration of the tournament.
- Pairings, standings and results will be posted in the /join spdc channel, as well as in the forum thread.
- Drops must be reported to the tournament organizer! This makes the tournament much smoother and more fun for players and host alike!
- The number of swiss rounds and finals cutoff will be determined by the number of players:
- With less than 18 players, we will play 3 rounds of swiss followed by a top 4 cutoff.
- With 18 players or more, we will play 3 rounds of swiss and a top 8 cutoff.
- With 24 players or more, we will play four rounds of swiss before a top 8 cutoff.
- With 40 players of more, we will play five rounds of swiss before a top 8 cutoff.
- The deck and sideboard used in the first round must be used for the entire event. Deviation from the deck used in the first round will result in disqualification.
- The use of illegal cards in the first round will result in a match loss and the opportunity to legalize the deck for the next round (with disregard to the above rule). The use of illegal cards after the first round will result in disqualification.
- Matches must be played in the Anything Goes room, must be timed for 60 minutes, must be watchable, and must have "SPDC" in the description. It is the responsibility of both players to ensure matches are set up correctly.
- If a player doesn't join his or her assigned match within 10 minutes of pairing announcements, the opponent will be awarded a game win. If a player doesn't join the assigned match within 20 minutes of pairing announcements, the opponent will be awarded a match win. Please, try to PM your opponent if he or she doesn't show up in a timely fashion. You must PM the event host if your opponent is missing before the initial 10 minutes have expired.
- Intentional draws (IDs) are not allowed. Come to play all rounds and have fun.
- Please don't talk in other players' games unless both players agree that it is okay. Also, please don't use the results room for non-results chat.
- In rare cases, the tournament organizer may need to end matches early due to time limitations. In these cases, a Draw will be awarded after 5 turns starting from the TO's signal if neither player has won.
AFTER the EVENT
- Players in the Top 8 (or Top 4) are required to post their decklist in the event thread or on Gatherling, following the event, to encourage deck development. Season points and prizes will be awarded only after that. If a list is not posted in one week, the respective points will be lost, including the participation point.
- All players are encouraged to post their decks in Gatherling in order to help advance the metagame.
SEASON STRUCTURE AND PERFORMANCE
SEASON POINTS and WORLDS CHAMPIONSHIP
Score updates are calculated automatically by gatherling and are available at http://pdcmagic.com/gatherling/seriesreport.php?series=SPDC&season=13 or through the convenience url http://bit.ly/spdc13points
SPDC Season ends always 2 weeks before a new set comes out on MTGO. At the end of the season the Top 32 scoring players will receive an invitation to play in SPDC Worlds Championship.
SEASON POINTS STANDINGS
Each tournament win is rewarded with 10 points.
Each 2nd place is rewarded with 7 points.
Each top 4 (semi-finals) is rewarded with 4 points.
Each top 8 (quarter-finals) is rewarded with 2 points.
In addition, everyone with the same number of Swiss points as an entrant to top 8 (top 4) who was NOT in the top 8 (top 4) will receive one bonus point.
In the case of season points, each participation is rewarded with 1 point.
The top 32 are invited to SPDC Season 13 Worlds Championship. Only those players may attend the tournament, no matter who shows up or not. Invites may be declined before the day of the Championship, which will cause the player with the next highest point total to be invited. In the event that multiple players are tied at a point level which would cross the cutoff, the number of participation will serve as tie breaker.
[Past Master Documents -- Season 12 | Season 11 | Season 10 | Season 9 | Season 8 | Season 7 | Season 6 | Season 5 | Season 4 | Season 3 | Season 2]
Last edited by jamuraa on Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total