Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bongkey
Initiate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandstone Needle
Saprazzan Skerry
Peat Bog

all of those are legal on MTGO now... I'm sure there are a few more, but those are the ones I noticed right away
Captain Planet
Eager Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Accumulated knowledge and rhystic study are legal online.
TheOrangeMitten
Hill Giant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoodwink is MM common, along with all the MM block stuff that wasn't updated off of this list.
masTa
Initiate

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a cliff-notes version of this? Basically, which cards might actually be worth playing in paper that aren't legal online (i.e. Sinkhole & Hymn to Tourach)?
BetweenWalls
Initiate

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like this post is a little outdated. I made a post in the MTGSalvation's pauper section about the differences between online and paper pauper here: http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?p=10428766#post10428766

By my count, there are 380 commons unavailable in classic (MTGO pauper) and 94 commons that were only down-shifted rarity-wise in classic.
Cabel
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a year and a half, this thread is probably once again outdated. I'm about to start running weekly Vintage Pauper events at my LGS and there are quite a few questions being raised about Paper vs. MTGO rarities...

The Gatherer itself on Wizards.com has also been updated since the last post, changing a lot of the troublesome C1's and U2s into straight up uncommons, signified with a silver set symbol in their entry in the card database.

Most recently, the Online release of Tempest Remastered and other Masters sets has created a long list of cards available at common online but that remain illegal in paper Vintage Pauper.

So an ongoing project of mine will be to update this thread and keep it current so my players, and Vintage Paupers everywhere, have a place to go to get their questions answered and clear up any confusion. After the holiday is over :^)

#StandardPauper

Clan: Standard Pauper Players
Blog: Cabel the Pauper

1st x 3 2nd x 4 T4 x 15 T8 x 15
BetweenWalls
Initiate

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Cabel
I've kept the link in my last post updated over on MTGSalvation. I haven't bothered looking at Gatherer since they broke it (no one has been able to rate or comment in months) so I don't know whether any rarity changes on that site would affect things, but otherwise everything's up-to-date as of Tempest Remastered. Let me know if you encounter any incorrect/missing info?
Cabel
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not knocking your thread at all, the work there is very thorough and impressive. I'd just rather refer my players to the Gatherer and the Printed Rarity levels there for ease of use.

That seems much easier than all the math involved in figuring the chance of pulling something from a pack. It's also quite a bit quicker for resolving disputes overa card's rarity level. Instead of going with the "as intended" argument or running numbers, the way I'm going to run my events is: If Gatherer says it's uncommon now, even if it was on a common printing sheet, then that's what Gatherer says now, so let's play according to the currently stated printings on the official card database.

It seems the big problem cards that had C1 or multiple sheet printing (mainly the lands) have all been changed. I've reviewed the trouble cards and think things are pretty up to date on Gatherer (as awful as that site and, well, every other web site and piece of software released by Wizards is Smile)

#StandardPauper

Clan: Standard Pauper Players
Blog: Cabel the Pauper

1st x 3 2nd x 4 T4 x 15 T8 x 15
BetweenWalls
Initiate

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, that's fair. There aren't actually many cards that differ between the two systems in practice. It's mostly just the ~20 "C1" cards from Homelands. I wish you luck with the events! (and thanks for the heads-up about Gatherer. I'll check out the changes soon) Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PDCMagic.com Forum Index -> Vintage All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: