Newb to Peasant

View previous topic :: View next topic  
YrdBrd420
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject: Newb to Peasant Reply with quote

So Ive been playing Pauper since May or so and love it to death. I see on the main page of the site that the Peasant events are showing up. As someone who is still relatively new to PDCMagic and interested in Peasant, what do I need to know to get started? Currently Ive got somewhere along the lines of 10 pauper classic decks built.

1st 4 2nd 4 T4 6 T8 11
Reflekz
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peasant goes by paper rarities, meaning cards like Hymn to Tourach can be used.

Also Hypnotic Spectre counts as an uncommon.

I'm sure you've already figured this out, but, Peasant is essentially pauper. The difference is you can use 5 uncommons, (5 total, not a playset of 5 different ones.)

Other than that, it's pretty basic. You can check gleemax forums for the most recent tourny results.
YrdBrd420
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Is there a Decks to Beat or up to date metagame thread or something along those lines?

1st 4 2nd 4 T4 6 T8 11
Reflekz
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe so. You can just check the previous tournament threads and see the decks there.

Decks that I know have been doing well are Astral Slide and MBC with spectre/hymns.
Amar
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We ask the top 4 to post their decks in the wizards community event thread, and sometimes others do too. That may help you get an idea. There's no one central collection place for Peasant decks like Gatherling, though I am tempted to try to collect in a thread.

I think Peasant is extremely forgiving for different builds - I haven't played the same deck twice in the last 2-3 months. Basically there are two ways to go:

1) Take a good pauper deck and jazz it up with superior uncommons or paper-rarity commons. Sometimes this is as simple as fixing a bad matchup by putting Chill or Compost in the sideboard. (Guerrilla Tactics is a common in peasant too.)
2) Take an uncommon that has sparked decks in other formats and build around that. Popular choices have been Counterbalance, Astral Slide, Bloodbraid Elf, and Brain Freeze.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PDCMagic.com Forum Index -> Peasant All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: